C-level executives today need a different skillset to deal with the current business realities. What abilities and behaviours do organisations need in their leaders – now and in the future?
The Skills to Thrive in the New Environment
2020 is finally behind us. Are you 2021 ready?
Is your training strategy set for the new environment? Are you looking for practical advice on how to upskill your organization for a future of uncertainty?
Join us with Angela Lane and Sergey Gorbatov who are both practising senior executives in talent management for an interactive session and hone your thinking ahead of 2021. They have recently published a short article in Training Industry titled 9 Capabilities to Invest in Now, which they will discuss in the session. This session will:
- What are the key challenges for L&D in 2021
- Provide examples of how companies are navigating the pandemic turbulent times
- Give you a diagnostic tool to evaluate the greatest area of opportunity in your organization
- Give you a checklist guide towards execution
Senior Executive in Talent Management, Researcher and Author
Angelas Lane heads up Talent & Development for AbbVie where she works since 2013. Her team manages the practices and processes that drive individual, team and organizational performance. Through Talent Management, Leadership and Development, Executive Development and Talent Insights, they create solutions that enable business leaders to Raise the Bar on performance and deliver goals.
Angela is experienced in highly competitive business environments, encompassing 60 plus markets and more than 40,000 employees, and prior to joining Abbvie she has a proven track record leading international HR functions and centers of excellence with senior roles at Avon Cosmetics, Sara Lee International, and H.J. Heinz
Angela has worked in Australia, the UK, the Netherlands, New York City, and she is currently based in Chicago. Angela is also a co-author of “FairTalk: Three Steps to Powerful Feedback”
Professor of HR & Organisational Development IE Business School.
Dr. Sergey Gorbatov is a teacher, speaker and researcher on the complex sciences of leadership, organizational behavior and human resources. He is also the director of Talent Management at AbbVie where he leads and supports a team of professionals who are responsible for the talent management portfolio across the world.
Sergey earned his MA in Linguistics and Intercultural Communication at Orel State University in Russia, complemented with an MBA from IE Business School in Madrid, Spain. He obtained his Ph.D. in Management at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
With over 15 years of experience, Sergey has delivered results in a wide spectrum of roles ranging from HR Operations to Compensation & Benefits, Talent Management, Leadership, and Organization Effectiveness with first-hand knowledge of operating in multinational matrix environments at companies like AbbVie, PMI and Shell where he coaches executives leveraging instruments like Hogan (HPI, HDS, MVPI), Voices360, Leadership Versatility Index 360, viaEdge, and KornFerry Leadership Architect.
Sergey is also a co-author of the “FairTalk: Three Steps to Powerful Feedback” book.Learn more about Sergey Gorbatov
- Acquired internal capabilities to design & deliver programs digitally.
- Reviewed content and made major adjustments to meet new needs.
- Deliver pre-existing content but with virtual delivery.
- The impact of context, from “seeking stability”, to “ready for change”.
- How works gets done, from “working at the office”, to “working from anywhere”.
- How we relate to each other, from “celebrating diversity”, to “fostering inclusion”.
- Meaning Creator
- Safety provider
- Performance Orchestrator
- Culture Builder
- Interpersonal Sensor
- Community Manager
- Nimble Decision Maker
- Paradoxical Thinker
- People Developer
- Pressure-test the list of skills against strategy. Define learning gaps
- Audit Offerings: Review content and delivery. Apply the right build/buy mix. Determine how to stay agile. Respond to changes.
- Activation: Engage teams on strategies. Add accountability measures for activation. Review progress frequently.
Our webinars offer a global perspective on business trends and learning design to senior decision-makers.